How we choose the best casino apps
There are several things to think about when choosing the best mobile casino app. These are the primary criteria CasinoSelect uses to narrow down the competition and provide you with our exclusive list.
- Licences: We don’t work with unlicensed casinos because there are no guarantees about how they treat their players. Picking one of the best mobile casinos on this page ensures you are betting with a brand that’s regulated in Canada.
- User-friendliness: The app needs to be user friendly for all comers. Our team assesses how easy the platform is to navigate and how long it takes to load the games. Slow apps which lag and crash can ruin the entertainment factor of playing, which is why we put them through their paces first.
- Bonus offers: From welcome offers to reload promotions, bonuses play a crucial role in attracting new customers and keeping existing players. However, it’s not the size of the bonus that interests us, but how fair the terms and conditions are. We’ve picked mobile casino apps which offer fair bonuses so that you have a greater chance of coming away with a profit.
- Range of games: Some online casinos may only offer 150 mobile games, whereas other brands, such as LeoVegas mobile casino, have more than 800. We believe in providing players with the ultimate choice of gaming options. You may not play all of them, but they are available if you fancy a change.
Mobile sites vs native apps
All of the mobile casinos on our list offer a first-class gaming experience in the palm of your hand. However, what’s the difference between a web-based mobile casino site and a native app? More importantly, which one will suit you best?
Web-based mobile casinos do not require you to download anything, so you haven’t got to worry about storage space on your device. In terms of the games you can enjoy, there’s no difference – slots, roulette, blackjack, video poker, and much more are available on both platforms.
Benefits of using native apps
Casino operators wouldn’t develop their own apps if they didn’t bring benefits to players. Let’s take a look at why downloading one of our best mobile casino apps will enhance your casino adventure.
- Speed: The trade-off for taking up storage space on your mobile or tablet is that the casino is pre-installed. This means as soon as you log in to the app, you’re ready to go. It cuts out opening your browser and loading the URL. This simple convenience makes using apps more appealing.
- Push notifications: Nearly all mobile apps use push notifications, so you’re probably already familiar with this feature. Many casino brands use notifications to send out new bonuses and promotions. In some instances, these can be time-sensitive offers you may miss if sent by email. When you download your favourite mobile casino apps, make sure your settings allow for these notifications is switched on.
- Personalised user experience: The latest casino apps customise the user experience the more you use them. For example, if you frequently play slots, the app will prioritise these games as your favourites and then display them at the top of the page. Furthermore, it will recommend similar games that you might enjoy based on your playing history.
How to get started with a mobile casino app
- Select the right casino: Each of our top mobile casino sites is unique. They have different welcome offers, regular promotions, gaming options and payout times. This is why we’ve composed a list so that you can easily compare the strengths and sign-up bonuses of each, and then select the best mobile casino for you.
- Sign up: Once you have chosen a favourite, click our link. That will take you straight to the sign-up page. You’ll need to register an account by supplying a few details, such as your full name and phone number. For some new customer bonuses, you may need to enter a bonus code during registration, which is something to be aware of.
- Download: It’s now time to download the mobile casino app. Use the links on the casino’s website to ensure you get the latest version. Most casinos offer apps for both iOS and Android devices, so just choose the one for you. As you already have your casino account set up, once you’ve downloaded and installed the application, you can log in with the same username and password.
- Deposit and claim bonus: With a wide range of easy to use payment methods, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets and prepaid vouchers, it only takes a minute to make your first deposit. Simply head to the cashier section, pick your preferred payment option and follow the instructions provided. During this process, you may be asked if you want to claim the welcome offer, which you need to accept.
- Play: You are now ready to play. If your bonus includes free spins, this is a great place to start. Load one of the slots where the spins can be used, and they will be there waiting for you. Of course, if you have a deposit match bonus, the mobile casino is yours to explore. Newcomers don’t have to play real money games straight away. Try out a few titles in demo mode first to find one you like.
From spinning the reels trying to land a multi-million dollar payout on a progressive jackpot, to playing the latest three-reel retro games, mobile slots are fun, exciting and action-packed. With developers now opting for a mobile-first approach to game design, the best slots are all at your fingertips. Stunning graphics, fantastic soundtracks and smooth gameplay are commonplace. Couple that with the convenience of being able to play them anywhere, any time, and it’s easy to see why mobile slots are ‘go-to’ games for millions of players.
Roulette is the icon of the casino, and mobile roulette is extremely popular in Canada. Fans of roulette have the option between playing computerised RNG games and live dealer mobile roulette. There are several variants, including American, French, European and Lightning Roulette to choose from. Also, some modern roulette games allow you to alter the layout so that you can view the table and wheel, or the betting table only.
Mobile blackjack is a must-have on any casino app. Like roulette, there are many different variants of mobile blackjack, ranging from classic single deck and Vegas Strip through to live dealer games played on high-stakes VIP tables.
As blackjack is a decision-making card game, we recommend learning the basic strategy before you play for real money. This will help you achieve the highest possible RTP.
Mobile payment methods
With online banking apps and e-wallet apps, most people are used to making payments through their mobiles. Funding your online casino account using a mobile can be done in a few clicks. When you make a deposit or withdrawal, the casino will connect you with your chosen payment provider. There you only need to log in to complete the transaction. Among the mobile payment options offered by Canada’s best mobile casinos are:
All licensed and regulated casinos, such as those on our list, enforce the highest standard of security protocols. This covers both their web and mobile applications. Among them are data encryption using SSL certificates and key pinning, which virtually guarantees no prying eyes can access any of your personal or financial information.